DIY: Eyeshadow Palette

We all know that single eye-shadows when you own quite a few of them can start to take up space.

For a short while recently I have been trying to sort out my makeup organisation and it just hasn't been working in my favour, mainly because I own quite a few MUA single eye-shadows and had nowhere to store them, I believe they are the same size as MAC eyeshadows but I don't fancy paying out for a MAC palette because they are pretty expensive.

I had checked on Ebay to see if there were any empty palettes on there but pricing was an issue

In the end I decided to take matters into my own hands and try a bit of DIY,  first I had to visit a few pound shops to find pencil tins.
I then had to take a trip to Hobbycraft to pick up some form of magnetic backing. 
To make your very own DIY Palette you will need:
Eyeshadows of your choice, Magnetic backing (I found a magnet sheet) , Scissors, Pen/pencil, Pencil Tin, Surgical Spirit, Cotton buds, Baking paper, Hair straighteners, a small pointed knife.
You may also want a bit of help doing this.
step 1: Turn your straighteners on and place a piece of baking paper on the plate.
step 2: open your eyeshadow and place on top of the baking paper for 20-30 seconds
step 3: remove the eyeshadow, then taking your knife slowly run it around the edge of the eyeshadow to find a gap to slip it down, then use the knife to lift the pan out of the plastic packaging, if you find it hard then you may need to repeat step 2 for another 10-15 seconds.
step 4: once removed let the pan cool down, you may want to clean up the back a little bit using the surgical spirit.
Step 5: once you have the back cleaned up you need to trace around the pan onto the magnetic sheet, cut out the circle and stick to the bottom of your eyeshadow.  Then you are ready to pop it in your pencil tin.
Step 6 is completely optional, you may want to label your eyeshadows so you know what they are, all you need for this is a small label with the colour written on.
Then pencil tins I have found will fit 8 eyeshadows in total with a space down the middle- you might be able to fit an eyeshadow brush in there, and a gap large enough at the end to fit one of the MUA cosmetics £1 blushers. You would need to decorate the exterior of the tin and you could add a mirror on the inside if you desired- I know that is something I will be doing to mine soon.
Image























In my opinion this would be a really cute birthday/christmas present for someone and also quite affordable as well

Comments

Popular Posts