Saturday, 9 November 2013

One Direction, Our Moment Perfume Review

I will be honest, I don't really buy perfume that often- don't get me wrong I do like to wear perfume I just really don't like shopping for it (it irritates my nose) so I tend to either buy what I know I like or I wear what people buy me for Christmas or my Birthday. 
With the announcement of the One Direction perfume I was somewhat intrigued about what the scent would be like so when I found it on sale in "The Perfume Shop" a few days before the official release date I had to buy it- after talking to a sales associate it turns out only select stores had exclusive pre-launches. 

I decided to choose the 30ml bottle as I hadn't even tried the tester- fragrance shopping without a sense of smell is not very good, so I didn't know if I would even like the scent, the description for the perfume says  "The sparkling, juicy and feminine fragrance is made up of splashes of fresh fruit and seasonal flowers infused with undertones of warm musk. The pink grapefruit, wild berries and redcurrants, combined with the delicacy of jasmine petals, and frangipani with the dry woody tones of musk and patchouli leave an enticing and playful scent on the skin." While that does sound nice sometimes the scent doesn't always match up to the description.

I will be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the packaging, I think it would have been nicer to have a proper group shot rather than head shots dotted on the front, but that's just one minor detail- having said that I do still have the box on my shelf so it's not as though I hate it.



The bottle itself received mixed reviews, some people liked it, I have overheard some people be less than kind- in which case I would like to know what they would have done differently.



I personally think the bottle is cute, it is definitely girly and feminine but not overly so, the diamond cut detail on the crown adds a hint of maturity so it would appeal to a wider audience while the pink tulle keeps it youthful.
The perfume itself is also very light pink in colouring which does look lovely when the light catches it.

Below is a list of the heart, top and base notes
Heart Notes: Jasmine Petals, Fresh Freesia, Frangipani,
Top Notes: Pink Grapefruit, Wild Berries, Redcurrants.
Base Notes: Creamy Musk, Sheer Woods, White Patchouli .

I have found that this is a scent that does last quite a while and has quite the impact, it has actually become my "signature scent" so at least people at work know when I am around- oddly enough the big shock for people is that I own the One Direction perfume (I thought it was common knowledge that I actually do like them).
Unfortunately my time with this bottle is drawing to a close as I am almost at the end of it- this very rarely happens with me so that's always a sign of me liking something.
As you can see in the picture below I only have a little bit left. I am keeping the bottle though- as I said to someone the other day, "why would I need to go buy a tiara when I already have a crown"

















Would I repurchase this? Most definitely, in fact I already have done, last week I picked up the 50ml gift set when it was on offer at Superdrug.

Single bottle prices (may vary depending on retailer):
30ml bottle: £19.99
50ml bottle £29.00
100ml bottle: £39.00

No comments:

Post a Comment