Product Review: Simple Kind to Skin, Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser

I hate to say it, but I have actually encountered a product from Simple that I just can't use.
As I have sensitive skin Simple has been the best skincare for me, like most people I do like to dabble with other brands to see if there is anything else out there that I like but most often than not I end up back to Simple.
My biggest problem with skincare is my own fault to be honest, if it gets too late I can be quite lazy and I want something that I can use in the comfort of my bedroom so I can go straight to bed after, so the arrival of Micellar solution was fantastic for me and my "lets go to bed at 1am" ritual.
Don't get me wrong I still do like something I can do in my bedroom without having to faff about in my bathroom for too long- it's ok when I am in the bath and I have the time to do a full ritual.
I decided I would switch back from the Loreal Micellar Solution and try the Simple Kind to Skin Pore Minimising Toning Cleanser as it was only £2 from Wilkinsons, the idea of this product is to apply morning and night using a cotton pad.

The product itself is almost a gel consistency which works into the skin, I found I had to do two applications- one to cleans my face and then another lighter application.

The only problem I encountered was that it was making the skin on my cheeks incredibly dry, to the point that no matter how much moisturiser I used nothing was working on it. In the end I ended up switching to another Simple cleansing lotion which works so much better on my skin, it has actually managed to sort out the dry skin caused by the toning cleanser.

So while this particular product was a bust for me the Simple brand always has something to offer.
I'm hoping they jump onto the Micellar Solution bandwagon.




Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

Popular Posts