I have decided to limit it to 15 but I could have gone on for longer.
1. "Do you work here?"
I could understand this if I didn't wear the work uniform and name badge.
2. "Yeah but do you have any more in the back?"
After being told that we currently have all the stock out.
3. "I saw this thing in a magazine it was kind of like *gives a very vague description" I want it." you might need to a little bit more descriptive- we get a lot of stock.
4. "I saw a full arm of this over there but this one was in with the sale stuff so is it reduced?" I'm not even going to say anything
5. "Why don't you have toilets? you are open to the public, you should have public toilets"
no, we don't sell food or drinks so why SHOULD we have public toilets? Also you are in a shopping centre- it's not going to be hard to find a public toilet
6. "I bet you're on commission"
I wish I was on commission, but no that is not the case
7. "But don't you know everything that comes in on deliveries?"
we get deliveries with thousands of items in them over numerous departments, nobody knows every item that comes in on delivery unless you have the paperwork.
8. "Can you order me one in?"
after being told that an item is no longer available to order
9. "well can another store order me one in then?"
yes of course another store is going to have special powers to be able to order an item that is unavailable to everyone.
10. "What do you mean I can't return underwear? what if it's the wrong size?"
Personally I would think the reason behind this is pretty obvious,
11. "Ooh if it doesn't scan does that mean it's free?"
funny the first few times (I'm sure we have all made that joke once or twice) but it does get tiresome.
12. "Can I come into the back and help you look for it?"
Yep of course a complete stranger is going to be allowed into the back area.
13. "Do you think someone else would be able to find me one?"
after being informed we don't have something in stock.
14. "Can you reach me this down?"
despite me being 5"3 and the other person being taller, customer service is one thing but that's kind of ridiculous.
15. "So how much do you get paid?"
that's just really irrelevant to be honest and not something you should be asking people.
Like I said I could have gone on for longer but 15 is a good number.
What are some of the daft things you have heard customers saying either from an employees POV or a fellow customers POV? Please leave them in the comments below as it would be interesting to see :)
I hope you liked this post or found it somewhat entertaining- we have all had those customers before.
Thank you for reading