So I thought I would share a few things that I have learnt in my 20s
- You are NEVER too old to need your mum, seriously you will end up needing her for something
- Not everyone else your age is settled down with kids don't worry.
- You don't HAVE to have a career planned out from 5 years old because by the time you are 20 you most likely want to do something else.
- It's ok if you don't want to go out partying every weekend, sometimes it's nicer to stay in
- Cheesy 80s disco music will always be great
- You are never too old for Disney movies
- If you feel like you are in a toxic friendship/relationship then do not feel bad about taking them out of your life.
- Distance and the length of time knowing someone doesn't matter when it comes to real friends.
- If your favourite band from your childhood do a tour and play a show near you- GO TO IT, you will appreciate it so much more when you are older.
- If you have a lot of people to buy for in your family at Christmas (if you celebrate it) try doing a Secret Santa instead- you save money but you can also get the recipient something a little more expensive than you normally would- it's a win/win
- Always have a pen on you, you never know when you or someone else will need it.
- The thrill of drinking does wear off, so even if you used to drink copious amounts when you were younger, it's probably not the same now.
- You are never too old for colouring books- believe it or not they are quite therapeutic
- You're not the only person who doesn't know what they are doing with their life. That person next to you on the bus/tube might be just as confused with what they want to do as you are.
- Budget and look for bargains, with a lot of jobs now you are classed as "full time" if you work over 16 hours a week, but given that minimum wage is currently £6.50 and the cost of living is more than you earn, if you want nice things you need to learn how to budget and look around for bargains, get points cards as the points add up to be spent in store, don't ignore sales, they might be stressful but you can get some amazing deals and sometimes you can find some great potential presents to store away.
- It's ok to like a wide range of music, you don't have to stick to just one genre.
I could add so many more to this list but I thought I would leave it here.
If you have any that you would add then please do leave them in the comments below.
Thank you for reading.