Pro's and Cons of looking young
Ok so you might be questioning why I am starting off this blog post with a picture of my face in all of it's unfiltered and unedited glory.
This year I turned 26 yet I still have people asking me for ID, which to an extent I think is great because hey who doesn't want to look young, But as we all know that with the pro's to looking young there are also going to be cons, so I thought I would share the pro's and cons that I have found.
- You look youthful, pretty self explanatory really
- generally your skin is looking pretty good
- You don't have to quit the all-nighters just yet.
- It kind of gives you an excuse to wear graphic print tee's because you can get away with it without people questioning you
- People always want to know your "secret"
- People constantly questioning your age, getting to the point where even normal people in the street want to see some form of ID
- You have to take ID out EVERYWHERE
- You can get asked for ID when buying pain relief for PERIODS! sorry I didn't realise I had to be over 18 to be able to buy pain killers for period pain.
- If you are out with a baby you can get questioning looks- this has actually happened to me recently, I am 26, legally I could have a child who is 9 by now, but as I was getting on the bus to town with my almost 1 year old nephew I noticed I was getting a few stares, eventually I heard one old lady mutter to her friend something about how unacceptable it is for kids to be having babies, I was gobsmacked for a few moments until I put her in her place, I have always felt for young women who get judged for having children so it wasn't just because I was put in the situation.
- You never know how long this youthful appearance is going to last, come on I wake up every birthday in fear that I may have aged over night
Now I'm sure there are more to add to each list but I didn't want to over do it, but if you have any to add feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Thank you for reading