Product Review & Swatches: Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette




Two weeks ago today the Naked Smoky Palette hit UK stores and I will admit that after the fiasco of trying to get hold of the Naked 3 palette, I was in town for just after 9am to get my hands on it- this would have made sense in say London but Leeds is not that big, I could have probably waited until I had finished work, but I can be impatient

I was never overly fussed about Naked 1 or 2, but when I saw 3 I HAD to have it, my reaction to the press shots of the smoky palette was the exact same.
In the time since it was released I have tested it out to see what I think of the colours quality.

As with the other 12 shadow Naked Palettes this is also £38.00

I'm not sure if Naked 1 or 2 come with anything additional in the packaging- Naked 3 came with samples of the UDPP.
This time that was not included, however it did come with a mini "how to" tutorial sheet showing you 4 looks to create with the palette, and like Naked 3 it also included a double ended eyeshadow brush.

While we are here can we please discuss the actual box? I think I am in love with it, it looks amazing to start with- clear casing with smoke swirls on the exterior- front and back, and the interior, and as strange as this may sound it feels amazing too. There is also a mirror that spans across the lid.
The Smoky palette comes with a magnetic closure which I bloody love, I find it oddly satisfying, please tell me I'm not alone here. 

L-R: High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Armor, Slanted, Dagger, Black Market, Smolder, Password, Whiskey, Combust, Thirteen

I will admit that it doesn't look like much in those pictures, but when you see it in person it definitely has a WOW factor. 

L-R: High, Dirtysweet, Radar, Armor, Slanted, Dagger, Black Market, Smolder, Password, Whiskey, Combust, Thirteen


I swear that picture isn't doing it any justice, although it's still better than without flash, 
At least now you can see the pigmentation and shimmer. 
There is only one shade that I'm not wow'd by and that is "password" it looks ok for creasework but it isn't very pigmented. 
As with most black eyeshadows, Black Market could cause fall out, but I love how intense it is. 

I have seen people say that this is more of a warm toned palette and to be honest I have to disagree, to me Radar, Armor and Whiskey are warm toned but other than that I would say it is neither warm nor cool toned, it sits in the middle so it appeals to both spectrum's.

I have had quite a few people asking me if it is worth the price, as there are a lot of affordable brand on the high street bringing out neutral palettes, and to be honest I have a LOT of them, MUA and Makeup Revolution for being extremely affordable- £4.00 for most eyeshadow palettes, do some amazing dupes and they are good quality, but there is also a difference in the quality. 
Urban Decay really have got their formula down, their shadows just glide on so smoothly and blend so easily, you don't have to work to blend colours out. So if you want to treat yourself once in a while then go ahead and buy yourself some high end makeup (if that's what you want).

I'm not going to stop using my more affordable palettes, and I'm not going to stop them, hell if a dupe of this smoky palette is released then you can guarantee that I will get hold of it. But for now I'm enjoying this.

Below are 3 looks I have "created" using the Smoky palette

I hope you liked this post, do you either A- have the smoky palette and what do you think of it? or B- think you might be tempted to get it? 

Leave any comments below and I will comment back ASAP 









Comments

  1. Ah so this is the palette I have seen mentioned loads of times everywhere. I have to say it does nothing for me, but the wife does want it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is probably one of the most talked about palettes lately, you should treat her to it- an early christmas present maybe :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten this palette. Not really sure why....something about it just doesn't interest me. I've honestly been eyeing the Kat Von D Shade and Lights Eyeshadow palette recently. Might finally cave and get that :-)

    Thank you for your review, though, it's helpful to hear what other gals think. Btw, your eye looks are FAB!

    Katie // FromMyVanity.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that with the first Naked palette, I think it was the silvers through to the purple that drew me in to be honest.
      I keep looking at the Kat Von D palettes but I don't fancy ordering them online, apparently there is a sephora in London so if that's true I might see if they stock them the next time I go down.

      Thank you for the comment :D

      Delete
  3. I actually don't have any of the naked palettes! Which is practically unheard of! Lol but the only one that even appeals to me is the Naked 3 honestly, and even then I'm not that tempted to get it. Now if it were gifted to me I wouldn't complain, though! Haha Anyways... While the naked smokey palette looks beautiful, I'm not a fan of cool toned shadows. Still i love seeing the looks people create with the new palettes out! The looks you created are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Naked 3 palette is gorgeous that was originally the only one I wanted when I first saw it, if the price puts you off, Makeup Revolution do a good dupe of it for £4.00- so it doesn't break the bank if you don't end up using it often.
      http://www.makeuprevolutionstore.com/index.php/palettes/iconic-palettes/redemption-palette-iconic-3.html

      Thank you for the comment :D

      Delete
  4. I actually don't have any of the naked palettes! Which is practically unheard of! Lol but the only one that even appeals to me is the Naked 3 honestly, and even then I'm not that tempted to get it. Now if it were gifted to me I wouldn't complain, though! Haha Anyways... While the naked smokey palette looks beautiful, I'm not a fan of cool toned shadows. Still i love seeing the looks people create with the new palettes out! The looks you created are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually don't have any of the naked palettes! Which is practically unheard of! Lol but the only one that even appeals to me is the Naked 3 honestly, and even then I'm not that tempted to get it. Now if it were gifted to me I wouldn't complain, though! Haha Anyways... While the naked smokey palette looks beautiful, I'm not a fan of cool toned shadows. Still i love seeing the looks people create with the new palettes out! The looks you created are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not swatched this in person, but so far I keep seeing great reviews. I don't own any of the Naked palettes, I had the OG one years ago, but I got rid of it. This one is super pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you should swatch it in person to see what you think of it then. I think it's really good for day-night looks. :D

      Thank you for your comment

      Delete
  7. This just came out here in Malaysia TODAY! I'm so excited and really want to get it. Great swatches and makeup look! I just found your blog through The Beauty Blogger Bunch today, and I'm in love with your content and photography. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try to get hold of it, it's a beautiful palette to work with.

      Thank you for your comment :D
      I will admit these pictures were actually taken on my phone as opposed to my camera, luckily my phone has great picture quality lol
      xx

      Delete
  8. This is such a fab looking palette, from the design of the palette to those shades x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a gorgeous palette! I don't own any of the naked palettes, but this is the one I want the most x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow what an amazing blog post !! had a good read

    I can tell you put a lot of effort into this !! keep up the good work :)



    Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    NewVideo



    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning palette! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts