MUA Luxe Metallic Liquid Lipstick Review


Long title is Long.
Back in September I posted a blog post featuring two of these liquid lipsticks, since posting that I decided to buy two more from the range- I wish I could get hold of the full collection but some of the shades are online only (something I continue to question "why?" at the end of the day, some people do not like to shop online for makeup)

MUA Luxe Metallic Liquid Lipsticks Spark & Blaze

Spark & Blaze
I am going to be honest here, this swatch does not do them justice at all, in fact they look so dull here I would probably walk right past them in store. Yet in reality there is SO much glitter and shimmer to them it is unbelievable. And Blaze is a stunning deep red- which looks amazing over the top of a black lipstick. 

Blaze
This is one that I definitely knew I wanted to go back and get- I'm a sucker for any kind of red lipsticks what can I say?
As I said above this is a stunning deep red, but it's not unwearable- I know some people do worry about red lipsticks being unwearable. I have worn this on it's own, over the top of another red lipstick and over the top of a black and it has looked good each time. 

Spark
Probably the "hardest" to wear as not many people feel comfortable wearing a purple lip, although if you do like a purple lipstick then I would suggest this, it is a blue toned purple- unfortunately purple lipstick does tend to make your teeth look yellow so that's always something to think about. 
I have tried this on it's own, over the top of purples, reds and blacks and as with Blaze this has looked good each time. So whilst they are pigmented they still allow some of the original lipstick to show through to add some dimension. 


I would love for MUA to add more shades to this range as they are amazing products and it has been nice to see them venture into new colours as opposed to staying safe with pinks, reds and nudes. Makeup can be fun, so maybe they could play around with blues, silvers, golds etc.  :) 

The MUA Luxe Metallic Liquid Lipsticks are £4 each but currently on a 3 for 2 offer at Superdrug (until 24/11/15) so if you want to try them out, now is a great time to do so :)






Comments

Popular Posts