Review: Orly Country Club Khaki

My sister recently picked up the newest issue of "Cosmopolitan" and received a bottle of an Orly nail polish free with the magazine.
Because the supermarket had limited stock she ended up choosing "Country Club Khaki" which as the name suggests is a khaki colour- very ideal for an every day look.
Before I went out to purchase the magazine myself I decided I would try the nail polish she got just so I could see if it would be worth the money.
The image above is using one coat of the nail polish. 

Money wise I do think it is worth buying the magazine for the freebie, especially since the magazine is £3.60, the nail polish retails at around £5 for a 5.4ml bottle or £10.25 for an 18ml bottle. 
I found that the nail polish dried incredibly quickly so that is always a good selling point, because it was late at night that I painted my nails I didn't get to see the colour true to life, until the next day. 

The above picture has no filter added, still 1 coat.

As you can see from the picture above it does cover very well to say I only used one coat, the only downside to it is that I don't think it would suit pale people, I find that it made my skin look washed out and almost made my nails look dead. 
Having said that it suited my sister who has more colour to her than I do. 
All in all I think this particular colour is one that would suit someone with a tan, but us pale girls should stay away from it. 
Would I purchase an Orly nail polish in the future? yes, I actually plan on picking up a copy of Cosmopolitan with one of the other colours. 
I wish Orly was easier to get hold of in the UK, I know some Boots stores used to stock the 5.4ml bottles a few years ago but I haven't seen them in a while. 
If anyone knows where I can find Orly in stores then please do let me know in the comments. 


Comments

Popular Posts