Saturday, 27 September 2014

One Direction "You & I" Perfume Review

So a fair while back I did a review on the "Our Moment" perfume by One Direction, Since then they have released "That Moment" and now "You & I" 



From what I can gather "You & I" is supposed to be a slightly more mature than the previous two perfumes- the boys do like to inform interviewers and fans alike that they are maturing and so is their sound, so it would make sense that official merchandise would follow along. 


Packaging
I already prefer this box to the other two, in my review of Our Moment I believe I said something about how it looked too random and there was far too much empty space, this box utilises the space there. I do remember that the One Direction Fandom got a little excited by the photo's used- there is no denying that they know how to work the camera. 


The Bottle:
Now looks wise this bottle is my favourite as it is more slimline- almost ideal to pop in your bag right? unfortunately not but I will get onto that later. 
Even though personally I'm not a fan of Gold as a colour, I do think it contrasts nicely with the pink tone of the perfume, it's easy enough to see but it doesn't look too garish. The fact that the name is on the side of the bottle as opposed to the front is great for those people who might not want to admit that they own a One Direction perfume- although as I have said to people, if it smells nice it smells nice. 
Now a huge selling point to this perfume was that lovely little charm around the neck of the bottle- I do think the pink should have matched that on the box but that's one small detail. But this is the downfall of the bottle, because of that charm the lid doesn't quite fit properly so you run the risk of it popping off in your bag (hence why it's not ideal to put in your bag), obviously you would think to take the charm off, but still I found that the lid just doesn't fit properly. 
It's a lovely sentiment- I'm just picturing many younger fans wearing the charm on a necklace. But it is a flaw to the product. Maybe next time they could work out another way around this- maybe a bracelet wrapped around the middle of the bottle, or even in a small taffeta gift bag inside the box. 

The Fragrance:
I hopped on over to www.onedirectionfragrance.com to get the description of the perfume, Because my way of describing it would be "it's just nice, kind of fruity but not too much" so we will see what they have said about it. 
"Bright splashes of mango and refreshing grapefruit are combined with a heart of creamy osmanthus, exotic orchid and soft peony to offer a romantic signature that captures the peak of nature in bloom.
Background notes of musk, indulgent praline and sandalwood blend to wrap the fragrance in smooth, seamless harmony."

I could sense a little mango and definitely picked up on the grapefruit, the background notes of musk and sandalwood make this a lightly more wearable perfume for people of all ages, if you found a 40 year old woman wearing it you wouldn't be thinking she is wearing a perfume marketed towards younger women. When I have worn it I have had people mention about how sweet it smells, personally I don't think it is *too* sweet so that could be down to personal body odour (I know that sounds a little gross, but perfume smells different on every single person and that is why)

All in all I actually like this fragrance- aside from that one issue with the lid and the charm, but I can survive, it just means I can't take it out with me. 

Prices start at £21.00 for a 30ml bottle- this seems to be the standard price for the One Direction perfumes. 

Since it is coming up to Christmas Boots and Superdrug will most likely have the gift sets of this- they usually come with either body wash or body lotion so if you either know somebody who would like it, or you would like it yourself then that's a present idea for you. 

One thing I would love to see though, is the One Direction fragrances released in Rollerball tubes, I know they have been available in the USA but in the UK we haven't been so lucky. 


Thank you for reading, I hope you liked this post. 
If you have any opinions on the You & I fragrance do feel free to leave it in the comments below :) 

Victoria 




No comments:

Post a Comment