Friday, 28 November 2014

Superdrug Budget Beauty Haul: Makeup Revolution & MUA



Before you start reading any further I hope you have a drink with you as this is going to be quite wordy :)
Do I even need to say it? Yep it's pay day so naturally I had to do a bit of shopping.
Mostly for things I actually needed- aside from 2 items, oops :)



If you follow me on Instagram then you may have already seen 3 of the items as I did post a picture earlier today. (Instagram is probably the best way to see what blog posts or videos might be in the works as I am ALWAYS uploading pictures)

Make up wise I went extremely budget friendly and picked up a few items from Makeup Revolution and MUA.

I will be honest, I have liked MUA for a long time but unfortunately as new releases were slow I did find myself growing bored of them (sorry but it's true, and my local superdrug stores are often severely understocked) so it has been a while since I last purchased any MUA items.
Today however I picked up 3 products.
First of all is a repurchase- if you have watched any of my videos I have mentioned a few times that I am always on the look out for new brow products, as I have literally just (this morning in fact) finished my Sleek Brow Stylist pencil I was wanting something new, after scouring all the beauty stands with nothing catching my eye I decided to go back to something I had tried in the past and I got the MUA Power Brow in Fair (£3.00)
Personally I wish they would get rid of the highlighter the the other end and attach a little wand- although I am sure they have just released a new brow product on the website like this so that't always a possibility for future brow products. 

The second item I picked up was one of the Velvet Lip Lacquers (£3.00) in the shade "Halcyon", now I have tried two of these in the past and I do like them so after seeing this one on Instagram I debated about buying it, in the end I gave in as I am trying to attempt a more "natural" lip as opposed to my usual red or purple.
It is quite an orange based colour so I am a little apprehensive about trying it out but hopefully I can pull it off

The final MUA product I picked up might seem a little odd after saying I want to try a more natural lip colour, but I have been after a black lipstick for a while now and they only ever really appear around Halloween, but they all have that same waxy crayon like taste, texture and smell to them- not something I want to be putting on my lips so I have been waiting to find the MUA one as I knew they had released one just in time for Halloween. And really for £1.00 I'm not going to complain am I? 
It has taken a while but eventually I managed to find it in not one but TWO of my local superdrug stores. 
Obviously it's not something I will be wearing everyday but I am sure I will get some use out of it. 


Now moving on to Makeup Revolution.
As a brand I do kind of prefer them to MUA, while they are both good quality at low prices I just think that Makeup Revolution has a lot more variation when it comes to colours and products. Having said that a lot of these products are only available online and that does put me off as I like to be able to see a product in person before I commit to buying it- looking at swatches online only gets you so far, I want to know the texture of a product before I buy it- will it work with my skin tone? so many things come into play when buying make up, so unfortunately there are a lot of products I am missing out on (and I'm sure there are others out there who share my opinion on this, if you do agree do let me know in the comments below) like "The One" foundation, I would love to try but as it's online only I can hazard a guess as to what colour I would need but if I'm wrong then I have just wasted my money. Now moving on from my rant onto the products that I bought. 
I only picked up two items today as there wasn't anything else that caught my eye.

After being OBSESSED with the Iconic 3 palette I thought I would try out the Iconic 2 palette, I believe this is pretty much a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette so I thought for £4.00 I might as well try it out, I have a few Makeup Rev palettes and I am always pleased with the quality of the eye shadows, especially for such affordable prices, I am hoping to build my collection of palettes over time as they have some amazing ones available. 

The final Makeup Rev and beauty item in general is another lipstick, this time going away from the black and going right towards a nude colour called "The One", like MUA the Makeup Rev lipsticks are also priced at £1.00.
I have a few Makeup Rev lipsticks so far and I am loving each and every single one of them that I have used so I am hoping to add to this collection in time as well. 
I am a little apprehensive about this colour as it is extremely light and I am very pale so I'm not sure how it will look, but I am sure I will be able to work with it, the name suggests that it is suitable for people of all skin tones so I hope this is true. (I just hope it doesn't give me the dreaded "concealer lips" look)


If you managed to sit through all of that then Kudos to you, when I started writing this I didn't realise it was going to get so long. 
If you have any affordable Brow products then please let me know in the comments below, or affordable lipsticks/lip liners to give a sort of natural colour, I have seen a few people talking about Tiramisu by Rimmel so I am tempted to try that out. 
Thank you for reading. 

I hope you liked this haul or got some ideas of possible products to try out :). 

Victoria 
xx


2 comments:

  1. It wasn't that wordy! After the initial warning I thought it'd be a huuuge post, but it was pleasant to read and not that long! And the Makeup Revolution palette is such a great dupe, it's totally worthy.
    The Caramel Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment :) I did worry it might be a little long and boring to read so it's nice to get some good feedback :D
      I'm very tempted to get the Iconic 1 palette as well so I have all the Naked dupes.

      Delete