R.I.P, forever in my thoughts

This is quite personal and it is with a heavy heart that I write this post.

A few years back I moved to Scarborough and while I was there I met some amazing people but unfortunately I ended up falling out with the friend I had moved in with so I had to move back to my home town.
As life happens I sadly didn't manage to get back to Scarborough to visit my friends there save for one occasion but they were always in my thoughts, whether it be a film that reminded me of one of them, songs or just a comment I would hear out and about.

I had always said that in the new year I wanted to make more effort to go back and either see old friends or just have chance to enjoy Scarborough as it had been such a long time since I had been- this is still something I would like to do next year.

Unfortunately on Christmas Morning I logged on to facebook as normal only to see comment after comment from various friends to a shared friend sending their condolences and love to his family, unfortunately he had passed away on Christmas eve just days after his 42nd birthday.

I have had a few people pass away in my life but I don't think I have been as affected by them as I was this one, even though I only knew this man a little over a year I thought very highly of him, he was such a loving and compassionate man to those he loved, to look at him you would see long hair, tattoos and a biker jacket and assume he is a rough character but that couldn't be further from the truth, I had many times described him as a "big teddy bear", on countless occasions he would make sure I got home safely if my friend had gone back with her then boyfriend, he would make sure I wasn't being harassed on a night out.

Looking at his facebook shows just how much of an impact he made on SO many peoples lives, I know I felt devastated when I heard the news, so I can't even begin to imagine what his family and close friends are feeling right now. My thoughts are with them though.

RIP, you will be missed xx


As it isn't my place to name him on such a public forum I am with-holding his name and picture

Comments

  1. Sending you a big warm hug beautiful. Time realy is a healer. It gets easier I promise xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts