How I get rid of a cold


Sounds like a strange post really, but as someone who suffers with having colds a lot I thought I would share my way of getting rid of one.

I used to heavily rely on Lemsip and Beechams as according to the adverts they work, and to an extent they do, but I often found that they only worked for a few hours and then I would be feeling even worse later on. Don't get me wrong I do still use Beechams powders or capsules every now and then (I think they work better than lemsip) but I have found that the best "cure" is

  • a shot of Whisky (this is optional)
  • a little bit of cinnamon
  • Hot Water
  • Fresh Lemon sliced up (use as many slices as you want) 
  • Honey 
I know you can get honey & Lemon flavour cold & flu medicine, but they are also full of god knows what else, and I have honestly found that by making my own drink I don't have a cold anywhere near as long as I have in the past when I have used store bought medication. 
The additional Whisky helps to numb the throat if you have a sore throat and it also helps burn the cold out of you, but if you don't want to use alcohol, you could also use cloves for the numbing affect. 

And surely I can't be the only person who can't stand the taste of store bought powders can I? this mix actually tastes really nice and I don't have to add any sugar to make it bearable. 

I hope you found this post useful in some way- it seems that a "spring cold" is doing the rounds at the moment so if you do catch it then this could come in handy. 

If you have any other remedies for colds then please do leave them in the comments below 


Victoria 

Comments

Popular Posts