Makeup Revolution; Mermaids Vs Unicorns Palette Swatches


I'm sure there are plenty of blogposts like this one out there, but since I have been itching to get my hands on this palette I thought it was only appropriate that I post a mini review with swatches.

As you will have guessed by the title this is about the Makeup Revolution Mermaid Vs Unicorns palette.

Makeup Revolution do a lot of neutral palettes, but they don't shy away from bright colours either- just look at the Colour Chaos and Acid Brights palettes, they know how to deliver good quality eyeshadows whether bright or neutral. When I saw the announcement for the Mermaids Vs Unicorns palette I KNEW I had to get my hands on it (ok I might have a *slight* obsession with unicorns... and mermaids too)

As you can see the palette has 12 shimmer (almost metallic) eyeshadows, 6 "mermaid" inspired and 6 "unicorn! inspired, personally I think the black is a little random at the Unicorn end but it does help to add more depth to the eye so it is easy to use when creating looks with the palette, the only thing it is missing is a highlight colour but nearly all of the other Makeup Revolution Palettes have suitable highlight colours.
As usual this palette comes with a double ended sponge applicator which to be honest I never use but I suppose it could come in handy. 

The first few colours here don't look to be very impressive here, but this swatch was taken without flash and without a primer so given that I think they are pretty good, they perform even better with a primer used underneath

Again these colours didn't have a primer underneath or flash, I have used the second from the left with a primer and I can confirm it has beautiful pigmentation.

One thing I love about all of these colours, is while you can create looks by sticking to the left or right side of the palette, you can also mix them up and use colours from either side to create a look.

For £4.00 I would say it is definitely worth checking out, as even if you aren't used to wearing bright colours, you can tone them down and create a more wearable look with a pop of colour. 

I would definitely recommend Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palettes to everyone as they are affordable and good quality. 




Victoria 





Comments

Popular Posts