Makeup Revolution Wishlist


If you are already subscribed to me on youtube or have read previous blog posts (I'm sure I have mentioned this in blog posts before) you will know that I am ever so slightly obsessed with the brand Makeup Revolution, for a budget beauty brand they know exactly what they are doing, in fact out of everything I have tried there has only ever been one product that I haven't been keen on.

Over on my Youtube I uploaded a video of my Makeup Revolution collection so I thought that I would do a blog post of my "wishlist", I know I know "why have a wishlist for a budget beauty brand?" well see that's because a lot of the products are available online only at the moment although some old/new products are slowly filtering into stores, so I took to the Makeup Rev website and decided to compile a list of products that I would love that I haven't seen in stores (I am hoping they do appear in my local stores soon though)


Unicorns Unite Salvation Palette £6.00
This is mostly because of my *slight* obsession with Unicorns, even at 26 years old I love them, not sure if it's down to the colours associated with them or just something about them, but I will buy pretty much anything Unicorn related. And I won't lie, I am loving the colour choices in this palette, definitely one that takes you from Day to Night with a little something extra.

Atomic Lipstick Collection, £1.00 for an individual bullet, or £4.00 for the 5 set collection
I won't lie, some of these might seem quite unwearable, I know a lot of people would run from Atomic Serpent, I on the other hand am in love with all of the colours in this collection I am dying to get my hands on it, Atomic Ruby is probably the most wearable out of the lot of them, but I have a feeling you would be able to create fun and interesting looks with them all so if you like to be creative with make up then this is a collection to get hold of. 

Flawless Matte Palette £8.00 
Now this is one that I have seen in one of my local superdrug stores so I know I can get hold of this, I do have the original Flawless palette, and while I do love it sometimes I do like a matte eye instead of something with a lot of shimmer. There is also a Beyond Flawless palette that I am contemplating getting but I'm not 100% sure yet.


Brow Dual, Ultra Brow Arch & Shape £3.50
I will always be on the lookout for good brow products, one thing people don't know about me is ...Iusedtoshavemybrowsoff... yes, completely, and no I didn't pencil them back on, so if anyone remembers the pictures of celebrities without brows, that was pretty much how I looked. God why didn't someone stop me? Luckily I grew out of that and I started letting them grow back, but they are extremely fair (seriously that was my reasoning behind shaving them off- "well you can't see them anyway") I mean this was over 10 years ago so brows weren't really a *thing* back then. Nope it doesn't justify it at all, it was a stupid mistake. 
Anyway so brow products have become a HUGE part of my getting ready process, so I am always looking for something new, now I like the soap & glory brow archery and this looks pretty much like a dupe of it, but it looks like the nib on the pencil is thinner than the one on S&G which I would prefer, so I'm just hoping this comes into superdrug stores, I know I have seen a spot for it in one store but there was no stock in the spot so we will have to wait and see. 


Ultra Aqua Brow Tint (Fair) £3.00
Same as above really, I just want to try out new brow products and this looks like something that would give them colour and keep them in place, because of how you apply it, it is down to me to create the shape that I like but I would hope that something like this would last a significant amount of time once set into place, so I am hoping this comes into store soon enough

Scandalous Lipstick- Immoral £1.00
Ahh the Scandalous Lipstick I am desperate to get my hands on, I just want to be able to swatch it in store before I commit to a colour like this, it may only be £1.00 but as it isn't a colour many people would wear it could be £1,00 wasted. It is such a unique shade on the high street, I know that brands like Illamasqua carry shades like this all of the time but they are quite a bit more expensive (especially if I weren't to wear it often)

Amazing Lipstick- Lady £1.00
Do I really need another red lipstick? Probably not actually, but there is something about this that I feel the NEED to own it, It looks like it could be "the perfect" red, we all know we have one. In the picture it looks very orange based, yet in the swatch on the Makeup Rev website it looks to have a blue undertone- which is my preferred kind of red, I try to stay away from orange based reds. I'm not sure if this is available in stores or not, I haven't seen it but it could have been out of stock, all I know is I will be keeping an eye out for this beauty.
The One Foundation Shade 1 £4.00
Ahhh the only problem I have with Makeup Rev is the fact that this is only available online, foundations should NEVER be online only, especially when it is a new product, ok if you are familiar with it and you know what colour you need, but when you are buying it for the first time you need to be able to test it out in person before buying it. In the case of this £4.00 isn't a lot, but if it's wrong then it's £4.00 wasted. I have a feeling that The One Foundation might be a dupe of the Illamasqua Skin Base but a hell of a lot cheaper, Shade 1 is a white foundation which us pale folk might want to use to add to other foundations to lighten them up. I know I have a fair few that I would need to use in conjunction with this. 

The One Foundation Shade 2 £4.00
I am hazarding a guess that shade 2 is the one I would be wanting from this range, it looks slightly more pink toned than shade 3. One thing I love about Makeup Rev is they do pay attention to undertones unlike other high street makeup brands, I have noticed that most foundations lean towards the yellow side. 
So I would very much LOVE for this to work it's way into stores as it looks like a pretty good foundation, especially when it comes to colour choice. 

So there we have it, my current Makeup Rev Wishlist, there is probably more that I could add to the list but it would get extremely long. 

What products have you tried that you would recommend or what products would you like to try? 

Thank you for reading. 

Victoria
xx







Comments

  1. I really need to buy some Makeup Revolution products, I've heard so many great reviews. I love the red lippy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend them, the only product I haven't liked is one of the mascaras but I think that Mascaras vary from person to person so someone else might love it.
      The lipsticks from what I have tried have brilliant pigmentation and aren't drying on the lips :) x

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of the brow products, they have really caught my attention at the minute x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to have quite a range of brow products in their range so there is something to suit pretty much everyone. x

      Delete
  3. Great wish list, I really want to try some more Makeup Revolution products! A few months ago I have their Blushing Hearts a try and they have gone down a treat in my makeup collection - a great alternative to the Too Faced ones!

    Sophia Meola | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have seen those on IG and I am always tempted to try them out but my Superdrug that actually stocks them is always lacking stock, which ones would you recommend out of them?
      xx

      Delete
  4. What an awesome wish list! I wanna try these too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) have you tried any makeup rev products before?

      Delete
  5. Their products amazing and I can't get enough :)

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the majority of my make up collection is makeup revolution these days, Definitely a brand for everyone, whether it's people just starting out so they don't want to pay a lot, people on a budget, People who like to experiment with makeup, they really do have it covered :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Definitely worth checking out, I already have a few and I love them, I just want to add more to my collection :) xx

      Delete
  7. The Unicorns palette looks great! I'd highly recommend their Iconic Pro palettes, and lip lacquers too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up the Iconic Pro 1 palette recently and I am loving it, it was hard to decide which one to get out of 1&2 so I might end up going back for the Iconic Pro 2, I think the velvet lip lacquers are going to be appearing in some stores soon so I am keeping an eye out for them :) xx

      Delete
  8. The palette looks amazing! I still need to try some Makeup Revolution products - I see them on every blog I stumble upon, but have never found anywhere that stocks them :'(

    Louise x

    With love from Lou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a list on their facebook page of the superdrug stores that stock them, It's a nightmare when you want to try them out but can't find them anywhere, I hope you find a store that does stock them as they have some amazing products. x

      Delete
  9. I love Makeup Revolution!! The brow dual arch thingy sounds really good! I love the look of the Unicorns Unite palette, too :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really seem to be leading the way in drugstore makeup, unlike most brands they have a lot to offer, especially in the brow and eyeshadow department. I can't wait to see what else they come up with xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts