Sunday, 8 November 2015

What I have been watching on Netflix

Could I have gone for a longer title?
I know most bloggers would use something like "Netflix Top Picks" but this is literally a list of everything I have been watching on Netflix lately so Top Picks isn't really accurate, although I might narrow it down at the end of the post to my top 5 :)

So let's get on to it shall we.


Currently watching:
Charmed
I never really watched Charmed properly, I was way more into BtVS, but it's usually on in the canteen at work (E4 around 11am) so I decided to start watching it from the beginning. For some reason it seems to be taking longer to get through than other TV shows that I have watched, I am only midway through season 4, and while I am enjoying it, I just don't find myself binge watching it like I have with other shows. Maybe that's a good thing though- it gives me time to process what has happened in episodes instead of hopping from season to season in a matter of days.

Once Upon A Time 
The new series has hit Netflix and I am loving it, obviously I don't want to say too much because "spoilers" ;) but I will say that I am looking forward to where this season is going.

Reign
This is "based" on a young Mary Queen of Scots but it's not very accurate at all so don't watch it thinking you are getting a history lesson. There seems to be quite a lot of sex and partner swapping which I find a little odd (the excessive partner swapping, I mean one girl is regularly having sex with the king only to essentially marry his son)
If anything, the outfits the girls wear are stunning- although again not really accurate for the time period
I will keep watching to the end because I don't really like quitting mid-season but from IMDB people don't seem too keen on the 3rd season, but at the moment I'm only on season 2.

Watched: 
Ice Princess
I swear this is so under-rated, I honestly love this film, could be because I will watch pretty much anything if it has any of the BtVS cast in it, or the Ice Skating but I could watch this film over and over again. Although whenever I watch it I do get the urge to go Ice Skating, which is awkward when the nearest Ice Rink is at least 45 minute drive away and I generally have to rely on public transport. I would also like to add that I'm not great at Ice Skating, I can balance and that's pretty much it but when the rink is quiet I find it very soothing.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame 
Aside from The Little Mermaid this was one of my favourite Disney films, it's not until I rewatched it recently that I realised just how dark this film actually is, I mean Frollo sings a song about wanting to have sex with Esmerelda, not exactly child appropriate is it? Yet I still enjoy the film (and I still want Esmerelda's red dress from her performance, although maybe child me shouldn't have wanted it)

Gossip Girl
Growing up, Gossip Girl was something I had very little interest in, not sure why, It just never struck my fancy, although I did catch the odd episode here and there, I had a vague idea of what had gone on- mainly from tumblr but that was it, Eventually I decided to just do it, and I binge-watched that show SO bad, One day I watched 10 episodes in a row so it didn't take me too long to complete it.
I would say this is on my list of shows to re-watch.


I think that is pretty much it at the moment unless there is anything I have missed off.

Are there any shows you would recommend watching (on the UK Netflix as they don't have all the shows  that are available on the American Netflix)





No comments:

Post a Comment